POWDER: Find Your [blend]
There is no exact science or any one 'right' way to take it but here are some thoughts, tips and ideas to help you on your way.
The first thing we always say when introducing a customer to the powder is, treat it as a health product rather than a food, this way we find it is easier to maintain it as a daily ritual, if you try getting creative in the kitchen with it every day the likelihood is it will fall to the wayside before long. It doesn't matter what time of day you take your turmeric, although many find that first thing in the morning works best for them from a routine point of view, and because we have already added the MCT oil into the blend, it can be with or without a meal.
The recommended dosage is 1 to 2 teaspoons a day and it varies from person to person how much you need to feel the full benefit, you will learn how it works for you and your body and can regulate your intake accordingly.
Here are some ideas of how to take it:
- Water - simply mix the powder into a small glass of water & straight down the hatch! (Warm water is even better as turmeric increase its solubility in warmer water)
- Your favourite milk - it tastes good in coconut milk but equally tasty with almond, oat, hazelnut or good old dairy milk. You can do this cold or warm it up for a nice bedtime drink ... maybe try adding a squeeze of honey! There is nothing stopping you making up a bottle of blended milk and keeping it in the fridge so it's ready to go, it'll keep for the life of the milk.
- Yoghurt - stir your turmeric into a small bowl of greek or live yoghurt, yum!
- Juice - TURMERIC [blend] goes really well with pineapple juice but also works well with orange or grapefruit juice. Again, not a huge glass, mix it in & straight down!
- Protein shakes or smoothies - mix it in & shake it up!
- Houmous or mashed avocado - stir it into your favourite dip and enjoy with crudites or crackers.
- Porridge, muesli or cereal - just sprinkle it on! Why not add add a sprinkle of seeds or a squeeze of honey to sweeten it ... or if you don't want your whole bowl of porridge to taste of turmeric just take a small portion out every morning to blend the turmeric into and then eat the rest of your porridge as you usually would.
- Eggs - add it to scrambled eggs or omelette.
- Sprinkle it into your meals - it can be used on any meals , soups, chili, curry, pasta dishes, stir frys. Just be careful to not over heat it, prolongued exposure to high temperatures will reduce the bioavailability.
- The Hardcore Body Slam - this isn't for the fainthearted, mix your Powder [blend] into apple cider vinegar with a squeeze of lemon juice - WHAM!
Remember, it isn't supposed to taste great, it's supposed to taste healthy!!! Keep blending it into different food or drink until you find your preferred combo ... and then come back and let us know what it is.
Good Luck & Happy Blending!